Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pictures...

So, the transportation system of Peru has decided to strike in protest of increased fines for traffic violations, a very noble cause I am sure, so no buses - no classes her in Peru :) Granted I found this out after 4 of us, being good students had already walked halfway to class as we were told to do, but a day off is a day off!

In light of my unexpected vacation, I decided to update again, this time basically with just a bunch of pictures. I have to admit I stole most of these from other volunteers, yáll know I never actually take out my own camera but I love pictures. So here goes my pictorial tour of life in Peru:


Our training center in Chaclacayo:




Yanacoto from my rooftop (other people have better pics from when we climbed up one of the mountains that I will try and post later):




A few pictures from an evening out in Chaclacayo where the restaurant turned into a dance party thanks to the Peruvians to our left :)


Our first trip to Lima: (I have to say, not the most beautiful place I have visited...)

Plaza Mayor in the center of Lima

Park in Miraflores

Miraflores

My original language class the day we made Ahi de Gallina (Chicken, rice and potatoes for a nice change haha):


Chosica - a bigger town nearby with a huge market and bars and discotecas (aka where about 30 gringos go every saturday night):
Yup giant Jesus statue in the Plaza



Part of the Mercado from above

Here Cristal is a domestic beer, so yea, I drink Cristal all the time in Peru...




Its always good to have a few Peruvian friends out, then its not so bad cause you are practicing Spanish ;) We have actually been told this in classes...


By the way, I started this like a week ago, but it took 3 visits to the internet cafe to get all the pictures uploaded so I hope you enjoy.







3 comments:

  1. I want more updates. you are not on top of this enough. how are you doing? me and rachel miss you. im sure other ppl do to but i would feel uncomfortable speaking on thier behalf. especially if it is inaccurate. from now on i will comment only in espanol...using freetranslation.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Suz! I love the updates!

    ReplyDelete